The safest, most efficient, and fastest way is by boat. Aura Hotel Barú has its own fast boat, Aura del Mare, which, in addition to complying with Maritime Authority’s safety requirements, offers an appropriate level of comfort to transfer our guests to the hotel. We also have private speedboats for those who prefer an exclusive ride in. There is no public transport from Cartagena to the hotel.
Please consider the following regarding the hotel’s transfer service:
- Departure from Cartagena to Aura Hotel Barú every day is at 8:30 am only.
- Return from Aura Hotel Barú to Cartagena is at 3:30 pm. Estimated time of arrival in Cartagena is 4:30 pm approximately. Return schedule is subject to modifications due to weather conditions and/or boat availability.
- COST OF TRANSPORTATION: This transfer has an additional cost of COP $60,000 per person, per trip.
- A Maritime Authority Tax is COP $16,500 per person (2018 rate; 2019 may vary) must be paid additionally.
- For safety reasons, we do not transport pregnant women.
- For safety reasons, we do not allow people under the influence of alcohol or psychoactive substances to board.
- Smoking is not allowed on the boat and neither is getting up from you seat while the boat is moving or doing anything that might put passengers at risk.
- Using a life jacket is mandatory for safety reasons.
- During times of the year when there are strong winds and high swells, we will occasionally be forced to sail from the hotel to Cartagena before the stipulated time for your safety and peace of mind. Should this be the case, you will be notified directly on at the hotel by the administration.
If you wish to travel to Aura Hotel Barú by land, it is important to consider the following before choosing this option:
- By land, the journey from Cartagena to Aura Hotel Barú takes approximately two hours.
- Land access is only possible for 4×4 vehicles given road conditions.
- After the entrance of Playa Blanca, the paved road ends and a rough dirt road begins. Certain portions make it impossible for light vehicles to continue.
- Even 4×4 vehicles cannot travel after 5:00 pm because the tide completely blocks access.
- Aura Hotel Barú offers this service with prior reservation at an additional cost.
- The cost of ground transportation in a 4×4 vehicle is COP $350,000 for a couple per trip. Cartagena-Barú is one trip and Barú-Cartagena is another.
- The cost for an additional person by land transportation is COP $50,000 per trip. The maximum capacity of the vehicle is 4 passengers.
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend this option to pregnant women.
- For safety reasons, we do not transfer people under the influence of alcohol or psychoactive substances.
- Smoking or consuming alcoholic beverages or psychoactive substances while in the vehicle is not allowed.